12.01.2007

and again I let myself down.

I let myself get the best of me. Creating illusions that everything will work out for the better. I thought it would be different. I knew it wouldn't be. I knew what I was getting myself into, but emotions always run high in this game so I got caught up and convinced myself to contradict myself. Now my self esteem takes a toll, all because I chose not to trust my instincts. People can be different but if the situation is the same as in the past, the reaction can be predicted... Or can it? Maybe I just caught myself playing the game with the same person, myself.

I might be a little stressed out, but I won't let it bring me any further down.

The fortune cookie in my drawer finally came in handy, how pitiful. Whats even more sad is I got a blank little paper with lucky numbers on it.

2 comments:

Regular Austin said...

uh yezzir

Ahlexandria said...

it's funny he contradiction we all make. how we begin not to trust what's around us & yet we let OURSELVES down, because we didn't trust our own feelings. i should've known, but i let it happen and at my expense (in both meanings) i lost!