8.31.2007

happiness is just around the corner

i said happiness is just around the corner.
confident that this stumble will not result in permanent paralysis
i, doctor lovo, prescribed a road trip to the other side of the street.
she looked up at me hopeless, still hurt, still confused.
nothings really changed.
i watched her as the arteries leading into her heart were tied
with zip ties stretched as hard as possible
leaving her with enough blood pumping to stay alive
she cried
i told her the scissors are in my hand but i can't cut the ties
if you won't let me get inside
i can love you like forever was yesterday

2 comments:

Ahlexandria said...

You want to get inside her to untie what she gave to someone else, her heart? You want to try and cure the blue that's grown within the red? How can you cure something so cold and broken? Do you have tape and glue to put the pieces back together? Do you think that it's that simple just to put it one by one as if there were pieces of a puzzle?

I've taken my heart's emotions and put it inside a closed, locked, alarmed box & told myself I would never open it again. I don't want to let it be walked all over one more time so I can never be able to breathe the feeling of love. I rather wait until I feel it's time to give the code, key & trust into someone to open up that box again.


Make no sense. huh?!

lovo said...

she's gangsta!

one way to NC