10.18.2007

movement and relocation

I am in the midst of moving out of the house on my own, and making my first real step towards becoming an adult and having the responsibilities of bills. I have come to realize how much of a burden I am becoming on my parents by living there. Mainly I've been horrible about coming home at a decent time, but it comes with the art I've chosen to chase. When I'm at the house with my parents I'm always ready to leave and go somewhere else, something about the house makes me not want to be there almost all the time. I can't have that mind state when the Spring semester swings its way around to hit me with a freshman year of college. As these are all great reasons to move on campus, I don't want the distractions of college blowing up in my face. I've spent some time on campus and I was feeling like the atmosphere would be more distracting than productive. I found a room available with some other artists I've come to know and have a lot of love for, so I'll be renting that room out for a while. Breaking it to my parents will be the hard part. They will probably have a feeling that I'm getting away from them. I'm really just doing them a favor and doing this to better myself as an artist and human being. Another thing I'm worried about is what some family members will be saying about this action. I'm only eighteen years old and to some people its going to look like I'm running away from something, or that I got into it with my parents. I think this will make me appreciate time spent with my mom and dad on the weekends. I want to move out now, but its probably going to be more like next week some time. I am very positive about this.

In other news, I have again proven to myself, through trial and error, that letting my guard down shall lead towards heart ache and frustration. Let this message sink and save yourself the sorrow by not making decisions with a blindfold on.

Oh and I realized I never posted this picture. Very dope shot I caught of Austin...



update: I didn't go anywhere. Stuff came up. don't want to talk about it.

1 comment:

Regular Austin said...

congrats on the move.
growing up is something serious.
living alone will empower you one second, then kick your ass the next. trust me. but there's nothing better than that first step out there alone.