7.18.2008

PR - 7.18

Hello blog world. I find myself writing to you all from Yauco, Puerto Rico. I will write an update every day for each day that I am here, telling you all about my days and how they are spent. My cousin and her family will be coming to join me very soon, I'm excited about that.

Today I woke up after an hour of sleep after doing the whole Thursday night Wine Up routine. Me and my mom went to the airport, and as usual, my travel plans were tainted in some kind of way. The airline overbooked the flight by 30 passangers, and were offering flyers a free round trip flight if we re-scheduled our flight to a later departure. Of course I saw passed the idiocracy going on and fought to keep our flight in order. We ended up leaving 30 minutes late and arriving on time.
The actual flight was all turbulance, from the moment we took off, to the moment we landed. I ended up sitting next to an older tourist couple, who were very awkward and sleepy, and had a short conversation with them before we all fell into a deep sleep. They said I reminded them of their nephew, who is in film school some where in Pennsylvania. The pilot got on the intercom and told us we were going to land. I had doubts in his flying experience so I was wide awake for the landing. I got off of the plane safely.
It was 1:30pm. The air was hot and thick with humidity. My aunt, Maritza; one of her daughters, Dayleen; and her husband, Tito; picked us up to drive 3 hours from the airport in San Juan to my Grandparents house in Yauco. I slept through the most of the drive. I was thrilled to find out we had stopped for food, for I had not eaten since Wine Up, the night before. We sat down at this roasted pork spot hidden at the top of a mountain. The food was to die for and engraved in my mind for ever. When we got to my grandparent's house... My laptop's charger was broken and I had nothing else to do, so I went straight to sleep.

No comments: