7.23.2008

PR - 7.23

So I'm feeling a little better. I must have been feeling really irritable, sleepy and home sick. Calling Charlotte home is a big step, I don't think I've ever really MISSED Charlotte. Anywho... Puerto Rico. Today was filled with laughter and sight seeing. My aunt Maria pulled up in her rental at about 5:30am, and thats when I started my day. Made an awesome breakfast at about 9am, and edited pics all morning. When every one else finally woke up, we showered and went out to see some sights. We went to town and got some 'piraguas' and walked two beaches. One was pretty desolate and the other was packed. Being around my cousin, Mary Lou, has lightened my mood a bit; finally having some kind of sense of home next me has made me feel better. When we got home my Aunt Maritza pulled up with her three girls: Leysha, Daysa, and Dayleen; we had a lot of fun while every one else was cooking. My uncle Carlos' daughter, Karina, played with us aswell. I ended up plucking yellow flowers and putting it behind all of their ears. After I did it for the youngest, Dayleen, everyone else wanted one... haha. Aunt Maritza's SUV was down and out, and *every one* seemed to be wanting to fix it. The problem was a torn radiator hose. When the repairs and food were done, my aunt ended up pulling out a cake and singing happy birthday to her husband, Luis, and that was desert for the night. Every one seemed to be happy,and it was beautiful. When it got really dark I noticed the stars were out, so I went out on the roof to star gaze with Mary Lou, aunt Maria's daughter, my cousin. We just enjoyed the nice breeze and some music from her iPod. I noticed how we both have similar tastes in music even after having being apart for such a long time, after I moved to North Carolina. There are pictures here from when we visited P.R as young kids. Its amazing how much has changed and how little *we* have. Tomorrow hopes to be another beautiful family day, we're supposed to be making 'empanadas' at Aunt Maritza's house.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures are absolutely beautiful!

www.theeargasm.com

coolboy said...

beautiful images